Wednesday, June 2, 2010

DDS Challenge #11 Flowers!

Hmmm... say it with flowers. Just so happens that one of my favorite bloggers "Christina" at Creations with Christina did tutorials on flower embellishments recently, so I used one of her suggestions on this card. The challenge is to use flowers on a card with a Dustin Pike image. Christina had a video on using UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) with flowers. I didn't have the UTEE, so I just used SU clear embossing powder and put three layers on each set of leaves. The lace border is from a piece of lace I got at A Cup of Memories in Bemus Point, NY. The flowers and brads are from SU colored with copic markers. The bear and bee is one of Dustin Pike's cutest images (aren't they all?). Enjoy!















4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see your creation for this challenge. Great work again. Your sentiment is perfect for the image and I'm going to have to check out the technique on those flowers. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flowers on this fab card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love what you did with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lace is amazing! Great treatment on the flowers too! Thanks for playing along with us at Doodle Dragon Studios!

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete