Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Multi-Use Easter card

Hello from wintery western New York.  The weather here has been horrendously cold for the past two weeks.  Needless to say I've had plenty of opportunities to play in my craft cave and browse "Pinterest" for card ideas.

The idea for this card came from "Simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com."
I took the basic card and tweaked it to my tastes and ease of construction.  This card and the other five like it will be part of my contribution to the "Cards for Soldiers" group located on the Cricut Message board forum here.  

I used the Cricut Expression to cut the cross and shadow and layered on solid card stock and mylar paper from my stash.  I ran the white matte under the cross through an embossing folder sold at Hobby Lobby from "the Paper Studio." The sentiment was done on my printer. Enjoy!
Hugz,
Gramma

2 comments:

  1. absolutely to-die-for gorgeous! I love the multi colored background.. and a stunning die!
    funny, most times when I save an image from pinterest that I like the image is not watermarked, tho I could check the blog lilnk and give credit where credit it due... ya think? my bad!

    supposed to be in the mid-high 20s this week. may be able to get the flip flops out! NOT!!!!
    but 3 days of snow expected. i'm sick of this weather and sick of being sick... tho i'm feeling a whole lot better!

    stay warm and stay crafting! now start posting daily and i'd be here more often. what a friend huh?

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Thank you Stef... I do need to post more often, so these "friendly" reminders are a blessing of sorts :-)
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete